Annual Progress Reports
Each year, Semel HCI publishes a detailed report of our accomplishments. The following progress reports describe our accomplishments for each academic year in detail, beginning with our broad programmatic efforts, followed by the activities undertaken by members of our six pods. The reports conclude with a critical self-assessment of where UCLA now stands in terms of becoming a model for other campuses to create and support a culture of well-being. Click on one of the reports below to learn more.
In the below project briefs, Semel HCI has summarized some of our most innovative and successful projects, research, and partnerships that we are excited to share with other university campuses and beyond!
- Semel HCI 2014 Food Summit Case Study
- The Protein Flip: Integrating Operations and Research with UCLA’s new Flex Bar at De Neve Dining Hall
- A Healthier Vending Program: Implementation and Evaluation
- Mindful Music: Making musical performances happen in places of healing, working, and learning
- ResearchWell: The evaluation of the UCLA Healthy Campus Initiative’s programs and events
- Student’s Sedentary Habits: A Research Study
- The StairWell Project: Taking steps to improve public health
- UCLA Transportation: A partnership with the BEWell pod of the UCLA Healthy Campus Initiative
- UCLA Recreation: A partnership with the MoveWell pod of the UCLA Healthy Campus Initiative
- BEWell: Reclaiming Our Healthy Spaces, A Space Activation Initiative
Campus & UC Systemwide Policies
Semel HCI Center supports policies that help to build a healthier campus community. For those that are interested in learning more about the policies that help to promote campus wide well-being, we have listed relevant policies here.
- UCOP’s Sustainability Policy
- UCOP’s Smoke and Tobacco Free Environment Policy
- UCOP’s Sexual Violence and Sexual Harassment Policy
- UCOP’s Accommodations for Nursing Mothers Policy
- UCLA’s Diversity Policies and Guidelines
- UCLA’s Biking Regulations
- UCLA’s policies regarding students with disabilities
- UCLA’s Environmental Health and Safety Policy
- UCOP’s Vending Policy: Coming soon!